Wednesday, November 16, 2011

They're back!!


Every year since I began fusing glass (1999) I have designed a Christmas Ornament.  In 1999 I began with a Santa on clear glass then did a Rudolph ornament in 2000.  The Christmas Tree on clear came out in 2001 and the Snowman appeared in 2002.  To be honest I've lost track of which ornament happened in what year afterwards, but I'm happy to announce that the 2011 ornament is an adorable happy little penguin!  Special thanks go to dear Rachel Stark for her wonderful suggestion :-)

I'm also thrilled to announce that I've been super busy since I "quit the day job" and became a full-time working artist!  My ornaments have been instrumental in getting my work into 4 new venues since 11-1-11:  Christmas & Company in Old Sacramento, CA; The Flower Farm Inn & Nursery in Loomis, CA; and both the Folsom & El Dorado Hills stores of Fire & Rain Galleries

I am looking for more stores to carry my ornaments as well as other fused glass items; lampworked bead jewelry and paintings, so if you know of any galleries or gift shops that might be a good fit for my work, I would love to know about it!!  Just shoot me an email at jjjacobs@comingabstractions.com or comment below.  If my work gets accepted into your suggested store, you'll get your pick of 3 ornaments signed by me!!

3 comments:

  1. They are wonderful and while I don't have anything to offer in the way of shops, do you sell them online????

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney -- I do sell them on-line! They're $12 each or 2 for $20 plus shipping. If you are interested in ordering some, just send me an email and we'll go from there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so fun! Beautiful, beautiful.

    And I absolutely love mine! Thank you JJ.

    ReplyDelete