Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's Happening!!!

Today is 11-1-11 and this morning I awoke, basking in the knowledge that it was officially the first day of my being a full-time artist!   Wanting to hit the ground running, I filled a bag with a bunch of my fused glass Christmas ornaments, garden people, jewelry, and other JJ-designed items and headed out to meet with Patty, the owner of The Flower Farm in Loomis, CA.   Patty loved my items and will now be carrying them in her fabulous gift shop :-)  Not a bad way to start my first morning of self-employment! 

Feeling excited and inspired, I decided to hit another uber-cool gallery called Fire and Rain Gallery in El Dorado Hills.  As luck would have it, the owner Judy was there.  I asked if I could show her my glass Christmas ornaments and she agreed -- after she saw them, she asked what other types of items I made?  So I went back to my car and brought out the items I had shown earlier that morning.  I'm happy to announce I'm going to be in both the El Dorado Hills Fire and Rain Gallery AND her newest store in Folsom!! 

It is amazing how easily these opportunities have come to me recently......last Wednesday, my office took me to lunch to celebrate my new adventures.  Afterwards, we visited Christmas & Company in Old Sacramento, which happen to be tenants in one of the buildings my former company developed and built last year.  I showed some of my ornaments to them and they want to sell them too! 

I truly believe these opportunities are the Universe's way of telling me I did the right thing, leaving my "secure" job and following my passion.  I honestly can't wait to see what happens next. 

Stay tuned......

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a wonderful way to start this new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, JJ. CONGRATS for having the courage to DO
    IT!!!! I am so glad you made that choice. I did it, and have NEVER looked back nor regretted it. Have been thinking about you, now I know why. Let's have coffee sometime and catch up. Thing are really popping at our studio and the energy is high again.
    You write the best blogs, JJ. Best, and continued success in you art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Congratulations JJ! What a wonderful way to start off your first day!

    You should post some of your ornaments on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The success comes from your having the courage to take the first step!
    Bravo

    ReplyDelete