Friday, February 17, 2012

To Keith -- "A Burning Love"

"A Burning Love"
36" x 12"
Acrylic on canvas

I've never been much of a "heart" person but recently picked up some new acrylic paint pens and just had to go a little crazy!  Here's "A Burning Love" that I made late one evening/early morning a couple of weeks ago, when I couldn't sleep because of Keith Richards. 

The Keith Richards in question is not a new man in my life, but instead a high-octane caffeine drink made by a local coffeehouse.  A Keith Richards is 2 shots of espresso with Shasta cola, poured over ice.  I generally save this treat for special occasions, or for when I have a long day ahead and know I'm going to need some extra fuel to make it through to the end.  I usually get one of these beverages between 7:00 and 9:00 a.m., as I know I'll have an active, busy 12-hours ahead with a caffeine buzz.  Unfortunately, on this particular day I chose to get one of these cups of liquid speed at approximately 11:00 a.m. and I will swear they must have added an extra shot of espresso!

Named after the talented though sometimes troubled Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones, this drink is legal liquid speed.  And thanks to Keith, I broke my "dry spell" and am painting again like a crazy artist!  "A Burning Love" is my tribute to Keith, to Valentine's Day (aka Singles Awareness Day) and to hooking up again with my muses.  Enjoy!

1 comment: