Friday, February 16, 2018

Fly - Day 16 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

"Fly" - 18" x 24" acrylic on paper - $295
Woohoo - halfway through the challenge and the end is in sight!  Don't get me wrong - I love being back in the studio again, but there are so many things happening around me right now that I'm pretty overwhelmed. 

When I get like this I just want to fly away, somewhere quiet and preferably by the ocean where I can dig my feet into the sand and listen to the endless waves. 

I think a beach trip is definitely in order when this challenge is over - perhaps that will be my "carrot" only I'll probably drive since my favorite beaches are only a couple hours away. 

I'm feeling better already, just thinking about it!

2 comments:

  1. The marks in this make me think of encaustic. The layering adds to the effect. Now I am wondering if you intended that all along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy accidents, Sheila! That's what I love about intuitive painting....my intentions turn out to be so different from the end result. It's part of the journey!

    ReplyDelete