Monday, February 12, 2018

Feel - Day 12 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

"Feel" - 18" x 24" acrylic on paper - $295
One thing I've learned in my human experience on earth is that we all have an inner voice that guides us where we need to be.  The difficult part of hearing the voice is we have so much noise going on in the background with a brain that thinks logically versus abstractly that we ignore the voice (and our gut) and proceed with what we believe is right, based on history, facts, and what others tell us.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I "knew" something but went with my logical side (or followed the crowd) instead.  And the number of fails, heartbreak and loss that occurred because of what seemed like a no-brainer turned out to be a disaster.

Life lessons - and it's taken me almost 60 years of being on this earth to learn that our answers really do lie within us. 

This series "Silence Between the Noise" is based on finding those answers by letting the noise fade and plucking the delicate wisdom that waits quietly for us to acknowledge and propel them into our reality. 

We really do have the answers, and we do indeed know what's right, wrong, safe or dangerous for us.  The issue is learning to trust that feeling - especially when it's not what we want to hear!

So here's to life lessons, feelings within and allowing the knowledge to seep into our consciousness.  I think it's more fun to paint them than personally go through them, but then that's me living my human experience.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Terrific post Judy ;) And this piece is wonderful. I love where the colors are mixing, the lavender and brown(?). The flesh and blue. I love the chaotic marks, how they reflect feelings and thoughts about those feelings. And feelings about those thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheila - you totally "get" me! I think this is my favorite piece to date for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete