Thursday, August 2, 2012

Drift Away

"Faraway Land"
9" x 12"
Acrylic on canvas

When I need to think or just get away from the heat, I head to the beach.  There's just something about having my feet in the sand and listening to the waves that brings me back to my center, and feeds my soul.  

As many of you know from previous posts, I've been on a bit of a painting drought since before the studio closed.  For the past couple of months, I've been longing to take a little seaside excursion and it seems every time I get a few days to myself, something comes up that keeps me home.  

So instead of pouting because I'm not able to get away, I decided to bring the beach to me.  Here's the first of several new paintings that I made this week - I can almost hear those seagulls screeching as the waves crash into the sand!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely art and a great and vibrant blog.Thank you Love and Hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It inspired me to paint something too!

    ReplyDelete