Saturday, February 26, 2011

"New Dimensions" -- from The Artist Hines workshop

Here's one of the paintings I finished in my abstract painting workshop last weekend in San Rafael with http://www.theartisthines.com/  I enjoyed his class and while I found his style of painting to be similar to mine I just couldn't quite "stop" when he told me to as I felt I needed to add my own finishing touch/extra pop to the piece before I could call it mine.  I admire his restraint and his ability to continually put out beautiful works using just 6 colors of paint!  Maybe that's my issue with "stopping" -- I need to drag in one of my dozens of colors that I so love......

This is "New Dimensions" -- it's 24" x 18" x 3/4" and is made with acrylics and varnished with a matte finish.

1 comment:

  1. Your work has me stunned. What beautiful colors and compositions. Glad to discover you are a woman.Great job. Silvia

    ReplyDelete