Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Busy weekend ahead!

It's Open Studio Tours again for the Capitol Artists this weekend and my studio is included!!  In addition to the tour (which is taking place 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday) we are also participating in Preview Thursday; a special Archive Sale for our collectors, fans and friends on Friday; and 2nd Saturday.  WHEW!  I'm getting exhausted just writing about it :-) 

This month also marks the one-year anniversary for my studio at the Foundry Upstairs Artists Gallery.  It really doesn't seem like a year has already passed but it has and I'm excited about the year ahead.  Because of work commitments and a large project I'm involved in I haven't been able to post as many pieces as I'd like but rest assured I've been busy painting away in my spare time.   I've also been torching beads in my home glass studio and experimenting with some new techniques with my glass fusing.

I couldn't have done what I've done this year without the help and support of my readers; collectors; friends and fans.  It's hard to believe that 7 years ago I had a panic attack at one of my own shows in a downtown gallery and now I've got a workiing studio gallery of my own and look forward to 2nd Saturdays!!  I'm still not a huge fan of crowds but I guess it's different when they're art afficianados.

Many thanks to all,
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment