Thursday, February 18, 2010

Artist's getaway in Nevada City

Lately I've been climbing the walls with deadlines, work, stress over personal matters, and more deadlines.  I needed to get away but I didn't want to go anywhere far.  The ocean always calls to me when I feel like this and it's only a couple of hours away but it was raining like cats and dogs and with more rain in the forecast I checked "ocean" of my list.  I own a Toyota SUV with 4-wheel drive but I don't know how to use it and snow was dumping in the Sierras so going to Tahoe wasn't going to work.  So I called a friend of mine who was going through a similar time and we decided to head up to Nevada City which is about an hour away from my house; surrounded by mountains and under the snow line.  Perfect!!  What made this adventure even more perfect was the place we ended up staying at!!  I went on-line and found an adorable 2 bedroom, 2 bath cottage within walking distance to the main town for rent.  Even better was the deal -- stay 2 nights....get 1 free!!  But the best, best, BEST part of all??  This was a cottage that was designed and decorated by another artist.  Check out these photos -- I'm definitely going back when the weather gets better.

1 comment:

  1. Those photos are such a "wow". What a perfect place to rejuvinate! I hope the stress is reducing. I picked out this book from the library recently called "Make Your Creative Dreams Real" by SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy). It's quite inspiring and is all about pushing aside the everyday "yuck" for art expression. It's worth a look if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete