Friday, December 4, 2009

A Crazy November

November was a flurry of work, artistic and social activities for me.....I attended another painting workshop taught by abstract figurative artist Ursula O'Farrell in Aptos; learned how to do Viking Knit at a class in Benicia; taught a glass workshop in my home studio; had a Viking Knit art day at my house with my art buddies and was a featured artist lecturer for a bus of art lovers in my midtown studio on 2nd Saturday.  I also played hostess to my best friend and her family from Seattle over the Thanksgiving holidays; attended BABE in Oakland (Bay Area Bead Extravaganza); and was part of the screening party for the new KVIE series on Sacramento Artists and 2nd Saturdays.  In my spare time and as part of my real day job I managed to close a $2.78 million dollar sale for a commercial building in Roseville; landed a nice project management job and finished 10 new glass works for my upcoming show at Arareity Jewelers where I'm one of two featured glass artits for December.   No wonder I'm exhausted!!  Here are a few photos from some of these activities:

Tammy and Sandy in my glass studio wearing their sexy goggles......safety first!!  Below are some samples of their beautiful work they completed in class.



Lynn and daughter Katie standing behind the big bronze bear in front of Arnold Schwarzenegger's office at the State Capitol
 









Here is an example of how to set up a palette using the method that Ursula O'Farrell demonstrates in her class.  The two colors on the left are complimentary colors; the middle three are whites in various amounts; and the ones on the right are blacks.  The two complimentary colors are blended with the blobs of black and white (separately) to form various tones of the color.  The results are then blended together again to get beautiful neutral shades (Ursula calls the blended shades "children" of the parental original colors).

No comments:

Post a Comment