Friday, October 2, 2009

October Already


I can't believe October is here already -- where has the time gone this year??  I've had a busy week at my "day job" and was fortunate to get to the studio yesterday for a little rearranging time with Brenda, my studio mate.  We moved our work stations around and I love the new painting areas!  The move also gave me some more wall space for displaying work which now forces me to finish some pieces; sign and hang them.  I work on several paintings at a time and had been putting them up on the easel to work on one at a time....now I can use my 6' table which will hold 2 or more paintings plus the easel plus the wall if I want!  I'm in painting heaven.  Here's a photo of me working on a painting that was taken by a friend.  It's the old arrangement....will get shots of the new one and post later.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your trip ( rather see the resulting art!) Interesting use of maps-SENSE of PLACE ? Hopscotch...finding your way back to childlike freedom of expression?
    I went to an art fair this weekend but came back depressed. Wish I came back "filled up " like you. Maybe this angst is getting me ready to explode.Glad my son commented!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete