Saturday, October 24, 2009

Another Workshop

I'm leaving for Mendocino early tomorrow morning to take a 5-day painting workshop called "Bigger and Looser" by one of my favorite artists, Robert Burridge.  I'm really looking forward to spending some time at the beach and being among some talented friends.

I stayed home this past Friday working on some of the new canvases that I'd primed a few nights ago -- here are the results. 

The first one is acrylic on paper and is 11.25" x 7.75" called "Castle Rock."

The middle piece is called "Urban Snowstorm" and is a heavily textured canvas acrylic painting measuring 12" x 6" x 1.5"

The last painting is also on canvas, using lots of texture and acrylics and is called "Transitions"  It's 12" x 6" x 1.5"

Originally I had gessoed and textured three canvases to make a triptych single-themed painting but got caught up with the moment and started throwing paint around until I decided to separate them and make each panel an individual piece.  The other panels prepared the other night are still WIPS (works in progress) that I hope to finish soon. 

I'm hoping this class gives me some well-needed inspiration -- I've been a tad bit creatively challenged lately and need to get back into the creative mode.  I've got a glass show coming up at Arareity Gallery in December and am one of the featured artists, so I'd better get some ideas going so I'm ready to start cutting glass when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment