Saturday, February 10, 2018

Peace - Day 10 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

"Peace" - 24" x 18" acrylic on paper - $295
There's more shiny metallic gold dust floating on the top layer of this painting, though it's nearly impossible for me to capture its beauty!  I like working with the gold as it gives an extra "umph" to the finish of a piece.  You don't necessarily see it when you look at the piece straight on, but as you walk to the side, you're gifted with a new visual experience of wispy swirls of rich gold.

It felt right to add the dust on this piece - an important message worth its weight in gold. 

2 comments:

  1. It is a shame that we views can't see the effect of the gold. I know it must be lovely! I had to zoom way in, and see the details. Love the yellow and pink over the orange on top. Love the marks, swirls and scribbles. And did you see? Peace seems to have landed in an abstracted heart. Wonderful the way the warm glow leads my eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi - I love this piece! Peace - what a concept!!! I know exactly what you mean about the gold. I wish there were a way to better capture it in a photo - maybe someday... :o)
    Connie

    ReplyDelete