Monday, February 5, 2018

Be - Day 5 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

"Be" - 24" x 18" acrylic on paper - $295
I'm finding I'm more present during these intuitive painting sessions, and just enjoying the moment for what it is.  In my other works, I am constantly thinking of a solution for a color problem or a composition issue and at times feel like I'm solving a puzzle versus just painting to paint.

I'm trusting that whatever I do is A-OK, and if I don't like it I can always gesso it away.  But I'm also finding that those little "mistakes" often turn out to be a favorite part of the end piece!  For example - in the lower right corner underneath the work "Be" I was playing with my fingers in the paint and decided to make some dots in the paint.  I had some more at the top and covered them up; but am glad I left the bottom ones alone.  They add another dimension to the painting and remind me of lush green treetops growing on a purple mountain, with their foliage waving back and forth through a misty cloud.

And the metallic gold powder makes another appearance in this painting.  It's hard to photograph but I've got some wisps of gold at the top and center of the piece.

I'm looking forward to adding more pieces like this to the "Silence Between the Noise" series.  If you want to see more of my work or purchase this painting, check out my ETSY shop.  I offer FREE SHIPPING to the continental USA!

1 comment:

  1. Thought I commented, but found the tab was still open. I love that you are enjoying your "mistakes", and I agree. Sometimes they turn out to be awesome ;)
    I love the light at the top. And I am floored... clicked to see this larger, and I love the drips, that make it seem as if I am looking through glass. How did you do that? Wonderful piece :)

    ReplyDelete