Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Painting Process -- Part IV

Adding even more color to the painting palette, and getting a little unnerved by the way it's not coming together.  I decide to step away from the process and head out of town for a weekend with a friend.  Apparently this was what I needed to do, because I came back with a relaxed eye and a renewed vision of how I wanted to finish the piece.

I needed to work on the ratios of the dark and light colors.  I pulled out my bottles of Golden Quinacridone Violet and Green Gold, and worked in some warm blends of these hues.  I think every artist has a "go-to" color they use when they want to add a finishing touch to a painting......Golden Green Gold is mine.  The painting is starting to pull together, and the layers are quite spectacular, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment