Friday, February 8, 2013

Insights Beyond Form - Opening Night

Gallery Opening Night
"Insights Beyond Form"
Non-objective works of art by
JJ Jacobs & Taylor Gutermute

Tonight was the grand opening of my show called "Insights Beyond Form" at the ArtHouse in Sacramento, CA.  I showed new paintings and metal/fused glass sculptures along with Taylor Gutermute, who displayed her amazing metal sculptures and monoprints.  The opening show was a huge success!!!  We had a great turnout and will have another opening again this weekend for our monthly artwalk called "2nd Saturday."  The show will be up at ArtHouse in Sacramento until March 4th.

 Putting a show together with 2 artists who did not really collaborate on any of the pieces was part of the challenge, and we're both pleased with the way our pieces seamlessly blended together in the end.   Our colors complemented each others work and overall the show looks fabulous.

I'll be uploading more photos over the weekend when I get them off my new camera.....it's been ages since I've gotten any good photos and I can't wait to see how my new Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 with a Leica lens does!



No comments:

Post a Comment