Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New show at my gallery

I recently purchased a couple cases of larger canvases to paint on (30" x 30" and 36" x 24") and have been on a bit of a painting frenzy.  I've always been hesitant to "paint large" since my previous experiences with the process didn't fare very well but I've recently changed my mind..... I just love the freedom of throwing a big blog of paint on the canvas and swishing it around into a desirable shape or design!!!  I just let my emotions fall all over the canvas and move them around in the paint.  I've posted a few of the more recent large works on my blog and on http://www.fineartamerica.com/ and http://www.dailypaintersabstract.blogspot.com/ but wanted to show you how they look in my gallery.  Last Saturday I completely cleared the walls of my studio and rehung the new works intermixed with a few of the older ones.  Here's the result:




3 comments:

  1. Oh MY MY MY MY MY !!!!!! Wish I were there to see this up close and personal. They make my heart sing. More later in an email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! Love how the colors flow from one painting to another. You are inspiring me to redo my studio! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments Anne and Itaya -- I'm very happy with the cleaner look in the studio and think the people who visited last 2nd Saturday Art Walk liked it too....for once they could see a more integrated show that highlighted the paintings instead of a jumbled wall of many different styles and sized paintings.

    ReplyDelete