Thursday, February 15, 2018

Strength - Day 15 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

"Strength - 18" x 24" acrylic on paper - $295
My mother often says/mutters "God give me strength" and lately I've had more than a few of those moments when I've had to say the very same thing.  And I somehow manage to get through whatever I'm going through and move on to the next situation. 

Such is life, no? 

And strength is what has gotten me through to the half-way mark of this challenge.  It hasn't been an easy month for me in many ways, but I'm determined to get my paintings done and finish what I started.

People ask why I continue to put my Self through such stress when I'm clearly juggling a LOT of things right now.  And I tell them I do it because at the end of the challenge, I will be filled with a joy and knowledge that confirms just how strong I was; how I managed to keep things together and exactly what a huge accomplishment I just achieved.

And let's not forget how much fun I'm having being back in the studio again after a 6+ month sabbatical. 

I'm on the home stretch now and can't wait to see what the next 15 days bring. I know I can do this - I'm strong.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful post Judy. This has been a busy, difficult month for me as well. I am renewed by your commitment, and strengthened by the reminder of one of the benefits of completing the challenge.
    I love how this composition is calmer. Seems to signify the strength from within, the spirit, the undying spirit. Peaceful, which is uplifting and rejuvenating. Wonderful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Sheila - I hope your month goes better and that you find the strength to finish the challenge as well. It's not easy when life keeps getting in the way but your words of encouragement help a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dreamy look! I used STRENGTH in one of my pieces, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! I guess "Strength" is a theme word during this challenge....hope you've been enjoying the journey.

      Delete