Saturday, February 24, 2018

Fate - Day 24 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

"Fate" - 18" x 24" acrylic on paper - $295
Do you believe in fate?  That you have a predetermined destiny in life or outcome for a situation?  I am a believer, and have been for most of my life. 

I know I was born to be an artist, and when I neglect that part of my being, I become stressed and overwhelmed.  As soon as I get back in the studio or am doing something creative, whether it be cooking or rearranging my cupboards, it's like the valve on my inner pressure cooker is released, and the steam can escape.

I equate it to falling in love at first sight.  You know there's a deep connection to the other person and you just have to join together.  If you don't, you find you can't stop thinking about the person and it will drive you crazy until you are finally able to meet again.

This is my relationship with art.  I love it - I know I'm supposed to be doing it - and I'm in my element when I'm making it.  Whenever I ignore it, or let life take precedence over my artistic inclinations, I get anxious and out of sorts.

I basically took the last 6 months off from making art, and this challenge has propelled me back into my artistic zone once again.  I can't begin to tell you how wonderful this feels! 

So I feel it's important to make friends with fate, and for me it's critical that I listen to fate when it whispers in my ear "do something creative." 

Welcome back, my dear friend fate - it's good to have you here again.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully stated Judy! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. - Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! I posted this late last night and wasn't sure I was even making sense....glad you got what I was trying to say :-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely getting to know you better Judy;)This is just so sunny and cheerful. Innocent and hope filled. Makes me smile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sheila! I don't know what it is about making this series but it's like I want to purge things in my Soul, if that makes any sense. Sounds like something from the "Exorcist" no??!!! Glad I was able to make you smile - your beautiful paintings always bring sunshine to my life.

    ReplyDelete