Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tsunamis and Life Changes


I love a good quote and using them with my paintings seems like a good match.  Awhile back I discovered the most fabulous editing program called PicMonkey which allows me to upload and edit photographs of my paintings in addition to creating collages, adding text, resizing, cropping, etc.  PicMonkey is the easiest editing program I've ever used, and the best part is -- IT'S FREE!!!  You can get an enhanced version for only $30 per year, but for my purposes the free one works perfectly.  (I did purchase the $30 upgrade simply because I wanted to support these guys, but honestly I haven't used a single upgraded feature).

I've tried to learn PhotoShop and find it to be overkill for my needs.  It's non-intuitive and it slows my computer down to a crawl.....PicMonkey is fun and easy and was designed for technology-resistant old dogs like me. 

As the year comes to an end, I'm reviewing all of my accomplishments, goals and dreams.  I'm evaluating my successes and failures to decide the path I want my art to take for 2014.  This month, I'm heading back to the beach for another mini-retreat and I just know it will be magical and life changing.

Stay tuned for more details -- I've got some exciting ideas brewing but won't be ready to make announcements until right before year end.  Rest assured, it's all good :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment