Monday, February 4, 2013

Shaken - Not Stirred

"Shaken--Not Stirred"
60" x 36"
Acrylic on canvas
$995

This big boy is going into a show at ArtHouse that opens this week.  I'm the featured artist along with a very talented sculptor and printmaker, Taylor Gutermute.  The show is called "Insights Beyond Form" and is multiple-medium non-objective work.  I'm an intuitive painter and have been struggling with the never-ending "when do I stop?" bug a lot as I'm getting ready for the show.   Part of me wants to add more to this piece but I fear if I start making changes I won't stop and to be honest - I like this the way it is.  The colors work; I've got my light and dark values in check; and there's enough mystery/intrigue to suit my fancy.  The shapes remind me of olives and martini glasses - hence the name.

My apologies for yet another crappy photo (taken with my iphone) - I just ordered a new Panasonic Lumix ZS20 with a Leica lens and I can't wait for it to arrive.  I'm NOT a photographer but I'm desperate to take better photos of my art!

No comments:

Post a Comment