Sunday, July 15, 2012

Main Course + Dessert

On Thursday last week I got a fabulous Bead Soup package from my exchange partner, Dot Lewallen.  Check out the adorable little "Monster" and the exquisite rose-colored beads that are going to look amazing with the clay owl focal and the silver rose clasp.  My mind is churning with ideas of what to make with these goodies and I have to say the Monster is definitely pushing some of the ideas completely out of the box.  I like it when that happens, so stay tuned.....the reveal date for this bowl of soup is August 11th.


On Friday the 13th I had another wonderful surprise waiting for me in my mailbox.  This time I had a package from my very first Bead Soup partner, Karen Williams, who after reading about my first partner dropping out of the exchange decided to honor me with a lovely gift of beads! What a beautiful and kind gesture.  After reading one of my previous posts in which I alluded to the possibility of my having Cooties (because of my past two partners dropping out of the Exchange), Karen's generous and unexpected present assured me I not only didn't have Cooties, but that I had a very dear and kind friend.  Thank you, Karen -- this set of lovelies will debut on July 28th's reveal.


So it's time for me to show the "ingredients" I sent Dot to work with for her own Bead Soup meal.  I can't wait to see what she makes with the beads, and the ceramic doll heads are an added bonus since I know Dot makes incredible dolls.  Here's a photo of the beads Dot gets to work with for the August 11th reveal:


I am very blessed to have these two talented ladies as partners for this year's Exchange.  I went from having no partner to having two angels who came to my rescue and ensured I'd be able to participate in my favorite bead exchange.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Karen and Dot -- your kindness and generosity touch me beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment