Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ending 2010

It's been a LONG year for me and to be honest I'm glad it's nearly over.  A lot of wonderful things have happened and some not-so-wonderful things too....but I guess that's what life's all about.

So while November may be my favorite month of the year -- New Year's is my favorite holiday of the year.  It's a time of reflection and a time for setting goals for the upcoming months.  New Year's Eve is when I write my list of things I want to do or achieve for the next year and also list the things I want to forget or file away in my "never-ever-ever-do-this-again" drawer in my mind.  Believe me I think this year I'll be writing a book on the latter part of that previous sentence!

I'm excited about 2011 and am hopeful for many positive changes both in my life and the world around me.  In January I'm treating myself to a long-overdue retreat to Esalen for a drawing class and am looking forward to spending 6 wonderful days walking the beautiful beaches of Big Sur, CA. 

While I'm on my way down to Esalen I'm stopping by Hart's Desire Winery in Healdsburg, CA to install a show of my larger paintings and some of my glass art.  Here's a link to their website:  http://www.hartsdesirewines.com/WordPress/    Check out their award-winning wines and their wonderful tasting room!!

I hope each and every one of you have a safe and wonderful New Year -- here's to a fabulous 2011 for one and all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you JJ! Congratulations on all your recent successes. 2011 is going to be an awesome year!

    ReplyDelete