Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bright new abstracts

December has been a long and busy month for me with the holidays,out of town guests and two art shows that I participated in.  Burning the candle at both ends finally caught up with me and I was down with a flu bug for a few days.  Feeling miserable and more than a tad bit sorry for myself, I sketched a couple of scenes from my living room sofa onto 12" x 12" x 3/4" canvases and tried out some new acrylic paints that are in tiny plastic bottles (cheap stuff from Michael's).  I highlighted them with Caran d'Ache Neocolor crayons and sprayed them with a varnish spray.  I loved working with the liquid acrylics -- they're matte and creamy and remind me of gouache, one of my favorite mediums.  I love the bright colors and the exercise did a lot to bring my spirits up--both physically and mentally.  I'm feeling great again and am now inspired to make some more pieces using these mediums.  Here are the two works:  one featuring my red leather chair and the other is a tiny table with a vase of silk flowers in the corner of my living room. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Love your recovery pictures-certain you want to de-color your house? Can't wait to hear your plans for the new year!

    ReplyDelete